Super custom mold deal

LedHed

Sponsor
They aint pretty but the cavities are super clean. Stole these for $64.50 and $14.50 was for shipping!
Think the largest might be 1/16th - 1/24th and the smallest 1/64th.
14 single cavity molds - 2 made out of brass - 1 aluminum and the rest steel.

View attachment 1

Comes out to about $4.60 a mold plus the pliers.

I need to stop posting these deals....

Attachments

• jcdc 027.jpg
    jcdc 027.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 168
  • jcdc 028.jpg
    jcdc 028.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 169

toadfrog

You are the luckiest man I know . Bless a rag and send it to me like a pay and pray T.V. preacher . Might work . Willing to try bout anything once .

Kdog

So, you were the sniper! Good Job. Thank my wife for insisting we go do something.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Looks like the former owner was an expert jig tier who created exactly what he needed. The mostly center balance designs suggest he may have been a boat angler targeting minnow feeders of species and size best served with light wire hooks - I would guess mostly panfish/perch. Unusual rearward hook eye position on a few. The heavy wire round head brassie suggests he may have occasionally dabbled with steelhead. Quality machine work - is that stainless?

Kinda sad to consider that a master jigger passed on without a successor for his jig making skills.

JSC

Man that is some work out of the past ... You the man for finding the molds ... Great Find.

:) :)

JUNGLEJIM1

You need to pour some heads and see how they look. Nothing wrong with pouring one at a time once you get going. Looks like quality work, as usual you got a bargain. I'll pour some when I get out there, could have some real gems there.

LedHed

Sponsor
CH - gonna let jungle mess with them when he gets out here
thnx tf

yeah kdog - locked and loaded. Was gonna go large on this one

Hj JSC - think theses guys are still around. Fuzzy memory - thought I saw a web site where they offered custom single cavity molds with the plier set up... The majority look like they are standard steel

yeah pb - get some poured when jim gets out here - got a bunch of new old stuff to check out

Hawnjigs

KISS
Actually, those look like HighTechs - can't find their website so maybe they quit? Was the seller in GA or thereabouts?

I was disappointed I didn't get a machined mold like some customers, but have gotten some good mileage out of the cast brass one made for me. The pours are clean and the sprue break scars neat. Definitely a keeper, Thank you Mr. Hammontree.

Hawnjigs

KISS
If HighTech is still in bizness, maybe you can send your molds to be welded to pliers? My pliers mold works really well.

redear

whoever made them really knew what they were doing as the sprue holes are very short and to the point, I have found that this is one way to get a great pouring mold, redman mentioned it and I tried it with great results, hardly ever get a partial pour with that style mold.

Back