Structure Fishing For Crappie In Indiana

Pup

[video=youtube]

This is another fine video from Brian Waldman of Big Indiana Bass. Very informative. Included is a mention of a 'baby bass chartreuse' jig that I tie along with its materials list. There is a nice plug for JigCraft.com as well. :jig:

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Awsome fishing!!! You must keep him dang happy. Love the site plugs, but the fishing proves the point. ;) Who doesn't love catching fish without bait??????? :) :) :)

ARjigger

Nice jigs...but, what a bunch of dinks. I need to start making video's if that one impresses anybody. The jigs are the star of the show IMO.

Pup

ARjigger said:
Nice jigs...but, what a bunch of dinks. I need to start making video's if that one impresses anybody. The jigs are the star of the show IMO.

The video wasn't made to impress people, but rather to inform. I think that it contains pretty good general information about the two common species of crappie in IN and how he found and fished for them that day.

Central Indiana's largest lakes and reservoirs aren't managed for ideal fish populations. Instead, most are primarily flood control impoundments. Many have gizzard shad as their most abundant fish species and the total fish populations are, usually, out of balance. Growth is slow due to competition among game and rough fish species.

Indiana lakes and reservoirs don't have the benefit of a long growing season like many reservoirs and lakes in the South. Nor do our larger lakes/reservoirs have the fertility that many Southern watersheds do. Crappie longer than 12 inches are pretty uncommon in most of the larger Indiana lakes that I've fished.

I will admit that I sure do like to see video of fish caught on jigs I've tied, no matter the size. ;)

JUNGLEJIM1

Nice video, it sure looks like fun to me. Average size here runs about 9 inches and crappie over 12 inches is a big one, similar to your size fish. I wish they were bigger but it is what it is. That red thread neck is killer here as well.

LedHed

Sponsor
Outstanding vid and excellent jigs. I found the video extremely informative. Congrats pup and to your bud too - fantastic team work.

Back