STRIPER FLY or NOT

toadfrog

I decided to do up a fly I could see . Figured to put it here as a cross over lure. Striper or very very big trout.View attachment 4

Attachments

• french poodle trout fly.jpg
    french poodle trout fly.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 97

toadfrog

Hawnjigs said:
Holy....are you actually gonna use that?

What is that big white fluffball, looks like a piece of our cat?
Well the poodle has a baboon butt on it now. Naw just kidding. Its a piece of short strung marabou of of one of them girly costumes . Don't ask I know what you are thinking . No I did not get it in a house of ill repute. Nor do I have a pole set up in my house other than the one I take to the lake.

Pup

I say striper fly and knot. :cool:

Would try it out on the Tennessee River below the Chickamauga Lake Dam in Hixon, TN. I think I'd need a cannon of a fly rod to launch it though. ;)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Pup said:
I think I'd need a cannon of a fly rod to launch it though. ;)
Cannon fly rod and full body armor for me! :D :beat-up:

Would be interested to see that thing wet and the fluff slimmed down... is the white body maribou?

toadfrog

AtticaFish said:
Pup said:
I think I'd need a cannon of a fly rod to launch it though. ;)
Cannon fly rod and full body armor for me! :D :beat-up:

Would be interested to see that thing wet and the fluff slimmed down... is the white body maribou?
Its a rope of very tightly woven 2'' marabou . Hear it is wet.

Attachments

• wet fly 6\'\'.jpg
    wet fly 6\'\'.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 62

hhawkins

My lord Toadfrog.....That snowed in thing got to ya quick! No, really, that is a great fly! I can just imagine the striper that is going to hit it...good eats buddy!

JSC

Looks big enough to be able to cast with a ultra lite spinning outfit .... Might have to use it with down riggers for trolling for stripes (Kings, Spanish & etc.) ...
What size is the hook ??

Toughen it up some with a little epoxy and let the Saltwater boys have at it.

All right

JSC

toadfrog

Hey thanks for the thumbs up ya'll . That is if memory serves me right a 9/0 cedar plug hook. Its made to go completely through a plug body. Now days the things are about 3 bucks a piece . When I bought them they were 82 cents. I did a few special order saltwater stuff once . Got 5 or six hooks left over. One thing is the bigger it is the easier to tie . In my opinion I pretty much stink doing trout flies .

Back