Stonfo Bobbins ?

Fatman

Nice looking bobbin - contacted Hairline to see if they can increase the size of the tube so it could be used with chenille without crushing it

LedHed

Sponsor
Cj - Yep, just like that - it tyes 3/0 flat wax no problem. The bobbin has a nice weight and there is indentation for the thumb. Price aint bad either. Think they are made in Italy.

BucktailJiger

LedHed said:
Cj - Yep, just like that - it tyes 3/0 flat wax no problem. The bobbin has a nice weight and there is indentation for the thumb. Price aint bad either. Think they are made in Italy.
Got 2 coming .

Fatman

Doc

Yeah I want to, was tired of dropping that damned piece of card board and having to wrap it all back up. Cuttin little pieces and you waste it. Attica had posted about some he had made out of heavy wire and while at a flea market this summer I found this one

100_1029.jpg
only problem with it is the barrel doesn't have a big enough diameter and crush's the chenille. Been looking at hobby sites to see if I can find a similar type tube but bigger and able to solder to the frame. Nothing yet.

BucktailJiger

Go to the auto parts store and get a piece of steel brake line , should find the diameter ya want , plus the ends will be flared . Cut it in half and solder the flared end down . Just a idea .

Back