Stealth NightHawk Striper Jig

SaltyBuckster

This one reminded me of the stealth nighthawk helicopter that took out Bin Laden.It is all black,Glow in the dark yellow eyes and grey flash.I dipped the nose into some rubberized bedliner in flat black to protect it from the rocks.It's a 1 1/2 oz. with a 5/0 hook.

Attachments

• DSC00013.JPG
    DSC00013.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 51

Hawnjigs

KISS
You seem to be trying LOTS of color variations!

That chub design seems to keep the hook point upright nicely. How's the snag resistance?

SaltyBuckster

As long as you are not in a sea weed bed it is pretty good.Usually bounces over rocks and keeps the hooks from sinking in.That's why I put the bedliner on the nose of this one to see if it protects the nose at all.Everytime that I look at it,looks more like a helicopter everytime,lol.

SaltyBuckster

Yea,it takes away from the overall look of it that us jigtiers like to put pictures up of,lol.It's pretty hard after a day and am sure that it will hold up.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I like the profile of it, has to pass for a baby eel - or a Seal6 transport in a pinch. ;)

Also like the hard nose idea. That bed liner should do the trick... i need to try dipping whole heads in that stuf. The jig should 'bounce' off the rocks with the rubber material! haha! :cool: I am laughing, but serious!!! Let us know if you get feedback on how the black holds up... after a few days of bedrock hopping in my river, i can darn near always see lead showing through my jigs no matter what kind of paint is used.

Back