Start to a good night...

Len

Ice thickness last night was still at 16 inches...As you can see on the electronics the Crappie were just off the bottom...and I gave them the Big Three ....
For sight I used a glow jig
For food I used wax worms
For sound I used a glass bead with a tungsten bead for a clicking sound when jigged...
001_zpsltwgeefq.jpg
002_zpshztrvxni.jpg
DSCF0875_zpsa8x9fp23.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sure sounds like fun to me! Cool idea with the beads a well, might have to try that myself.

What kind of auger is that..... gas, propane or electric? Looks a lot less weight to drag than mine. haha Cut holes today through 22" of ice. :exclamation: Warm temps this week, but that ice is going to stick around for a while.

Len

AtticaFish said:
Sure sounds like fun to me! Cool idea with the beads a well, might have to try that myself.

What kind of auger is that..... gas, propane or electric? Looks a lot less weight to drag than mine. haha Cut holes today through 22" of ice. :exclamation: Warm temps this week, but that ice is going to stick around for a while.
The auger is electric and for sure the two beads on the glow jig kept the fish interested.

JUNGLEJIM1

Nice fish and set up. Starting to get some open water here on the shallower lakes. Probably be totally ice free in a few more days, can't wait. It's been a longer winter than normal and I'm not getting any younger.

Uncle Grump

Fish on the ice - what I like to see.

Nicely done Len - like the bead idea - great tip.

UG

Back