Sprue Cutter Offer ??

SaltyBuckster

Who here has a cutter option that will work on a say 1/32 oz. roundhead without a collar to cut the sprue and be done.My side cutters leave a dent in the already small head,and just bending back and forth makes the head loose on the hook.Heck,the sprue is bigger then the head.What is the best tool that you would suggest??

Fatman

Salty I use the ones from Do-it and I've never had a problem with them. don't use them for anything else though or you'll screw them up

toadfrog

Just plain old flush ground electrical or craft cutters . Get them at Radio Shack , Hobby Lobby , I choke as I say this Wal-Mart . Runs between 5 and 7 bucks.

SaltyBuckster

Let me know Papa,I need a pair.I have a pair of them somewhere,just never knew what they were for,lol.Probably cut everything.BUT lead sprues with them.

blt

That looks like what I use. I think mine are "zuran" brand. On jigs I sell, I still use a file on every jig I make, but for my personal use, they work good enough for me to not have to touch up.

meltleadalot2693

I am having problems too. When I cut the sprues off my eggs I have a nudge on the part where I cut it. I use cutter pliers but it is very dull. Have to cut with all my effort. Could you use cutter plies that are sharpened and will it leave no nub on the sinker where the sprue used to be?

Back