Spring is here

JUNGLEJIM1

I've been fishing this lake from the bank for over 30 years and know it has some nice crappie in it if you can find them. Fished it several times this year with the normal close spots not producing much. Decided it was time to take a walk to the back side of this lake where I haven't fished in a long time since I'm getting lazy. One tree in the corner in a few feet of water was loaded with prespawn crappie. Caught nine keepers in an hour from 10-14 inches long. It almost killed me getting these back to the truck with the rest of my gear since I didn't take water with me and it was sunny and humid. I survived and went back yesterday early. Fished for two hours and stopped after I had ten keepers. Males are just starting to get dark. 1/16 OZ chub spins are getting thumped!! Most of these are inhaling the bait so far down I have to use the needle nose to get the hook out. Didn't take pictures there but took some once I got home. View attachment 1View attachment 2View attachment 3View attachment 4

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 81

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Love me some good spring days. Long walks pay off on smaller waters. Those females are loaded!

Fatman

Can't wait to get fishing for anything here!!!!!!!! We've had nothing but rain for the last 4 days and more tomorrow. Between the rain and the snow melting coming off the top of the mountain you don't want to be any where near the rivers right now.

Back