Split Ring Pliers

Fatman

I had posted a few months ago about opinions on split ring pliers. I checked with several manufacturers and finally settled on the Texas Tackles. They're lite weight, padded handles and I had my nephew bring his tackle box over so I could try them.

They have a a nice flat tip which doesn't spring the rings out and they work good.

Splitringpliers.jpg

TTSplitringpliers.jpg

Widepoint.jpg

At the time the cheapest I found them was $16.99

Fatman

Once I can get back to tackle making and get some poneys made up and painted then I'll find out just how fast they're supposed to work. The two splits I tried came off and went right back on nicely.

Doc Crappie

Banned
stanger1944 said:
I am looking for a good set. I have not tried the ones that I just got in an order from TF.

Go with Xuron they are the best i ever used and if you shop around you can find them pretty low cost as well, but you have too look

Doc Crappie

Banned
Here is a link to the ones I am talking about they work great

Xuron Snap Ring Pliers

This might even be the lowest cost place as well, but dont get them on eBay they are cheaper else where, eBay runs 3-4 dollars more than other places

Doc Crappie

Banned
stanger1944 said:
I had a pair of pliers one time (forget the brand) broke on the first ring I tried to open.

These are good one they are not gonna break on yeah, that much i can tell you i use mine on pony heads and changing big ass saltwater trebles out on trolling lures as well, no problems yet.....

You will find a few others here use the Xuron as well good pliers really good on little split rings too

Back