Spinning Minnow

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
These are ultra minnows with a down under. I added rattle eyes to a couple and was pleased with the results this weekend. I used them at a spillway and caught several large crappie. The barfish (hybrids i think is the technical name) really loved them.
aussieminnow3.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice RD! Is this another modified version of the ultra minnow?

If you want to keep the green belly / black back throughout the whole design... try using chart thread. Once you are finished tying material on, use a black fabric marker (or other) to color the top side of the thread then seal the thread. I picked this up from pappaperch and really like the look!

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Thanks for the tip AF. Keep 'em coming I need all of them that I can get!

P.S. Skipper just called and said blakemore was suing! :(

LedHed

Sponsor
RD
You got a call???? Probably ratted you out!!! As long as you don't sell the jig you are fine.

You might want to use jump rings to attach your blades to the swivel. Its easier and cheaper.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
LH wheres the best place to get the jumps or butts. I had a few given to me a while back and definitely liked them. I havent found where to buy any that small.

LedHed

Sponsor
Pretty easy to make them - you need semi hard wire, ~22 ga., and a round mandrel. Sewing needle will work. You can get a mandrel from beading places. You need a pair of good flush cutters also. Tightly spiral wrap the wire around the mandrel - slide it off the mandrel and cut off the rings you need. Beading places have different hardness and gauge wire.

Barlow’s has them listed in their catalog.

snake River

Ron Don said:
These are ultra minnows with a down under. I added rattle eyes to a couple and was pleased with the results this weekend. I used them at a spillway and caught several large crappie. The barfish (hybrids i think is the technical name) really loved them.
aussieminnow3.jpg
[/quote

that is fantastic color combination is that a new head excellent looking give it 100%.

Back