SPINNER BAITS

New River Rat

The name of this board is wire bending. I don't know too much about flies and jigs (that's why I'm here), but I have been bending wire a L-O-N-G time. Most of my baits are 5/8 hidden weight (compact) with a #5 Indiana blade.Just thought I'd share a few with you guys and if anyone has a question, fire away.

2013.jpg
20132.jpg
20131.jpg
Heresy.jpg
Picture028.jpg
NEWRIVERSPECIAL.jpg

smalljaw

Excellent work!! I only use the "R" bend which is why I use a little blue bender since I don't need to twist the loop. really nice detail on the head, is that a Shawn Collins mold?

Fatman

I have the old Netcraft wire former which has turned out ALOT of spinners and other frames. I also use the end of the Worth Hand former for making my beetle spin frames and I have an old wood screw driver hand with nails driven into it that help make a few bends.

I've looked at the boggs and twist tech but their instruction sheets don't show alot as to what you can make with them short of the end closures for making in-line spinners. For anyone that has the instruction sheet for the Twist Tech could you post a scan of it?? While their video really shows how to use it, what it doesn't show is what other type bends can be made with it. I do alot of hook lears for crappie rigs for friends back home and don't see how they could be made on the boggs or twist tech.

JSC

Hi they look good.

One question that has bothered me for some time and that is the placement of beads on the shaft ?
Just curious ... I all ways try to keep as much weight off of the shaft as I can using only what is needed.. Have seen several that place Beads a lone on the shaft and have been scratching my head about it.
Thanx

smalljaw

JSC said:
Hi they look good.

One question that has bothered me for some time and that is the placement of beads on the shaft ?
Just curious ... I all ways try to keep as much weight off of the shaft as I can using only what is needed.. Have seen several that place Beads a lone on the shaft and have been scratching my head about it.
Thanx

JSC, when I use a clevis and blade on the shaft I use a small bead above and below the clevis as bearing for the clevis to sipn on and then the other beads are strictly spacers. On a single spin I use 1 hollow metal or plastic bead, what it does is it rides against the loop to which the swivel and blade are attached, it is only there as decoration really but using hollow metal or plastic beads really adds very little weight, now if you use solid metal beads with just the hole then you are adding some weight which is why I avoid them but like you I try to keep weight off the shaft.

JSC

Never thought to use a bead in front of the "Loop End" of a single spin .. mite help to deflect grass & debries.
On Double Spins I use a hollow bead fore & aft the clevis and a sleeve between the last bead and the "Loop End" as a spacer .. seem to get a better spin on the front blade with the spacer .. still try to keep it as light as possible ...

New River Rat

I fish in some very aggressive current, haunted by some very aggressive fish, so vibration isn't a concern, therefore a lighter weight isn't an issue, and I feel beads give them different light refraction, among other things. There is more to it than stated, I just can't give out all my secrets........

JSC

NRR said " I just can't give out all my secrets........"

Fish some real "Hard Current" places at times ....

Secerets

toadfrog

If your using pliers to do as good a job as that . Then your a tougher man than me by golly . I bet you got so many calluses ya can't pick a booger .

Back