spin rite

hookup

Q's thread on inlines reminded me of a quest I was on years ago. I ended up finding one of the spin rite's jigs, but stopped short of trying to find a mold to make them.

Spinrite-300x209.jpg

Back in the day, Billy Westmoreland caught allot of trophy small mouth bass from Dale Hollow on a spin rite.

Anyone on the board know anything about this spinner? Is there a mold out for them? Anyone still make them?

AllenOK

You could almost modify a Lil George to look like that. The lead "head" wouldn't be quite the same, though.

I know you can get a Do-It mold for tail-spinners. Pour it, paint it, put the blade of your choice on there, then bend the loop, add a jump ring or split ring, and a feathered treble.

Pup

Dad was a big Pedigo Tail Spinner user years back. I have a few small ones of his in a tackle box somewhere...

See the cut face tail spinner mold, TSM-5-38, in this link.

See this link for more info on the tail spinner forms.

fishmilwaukee

....Definitely could use the cut face tail spinner mold and your own custom wire form.

However a little Google-fu turned up this: http://www.pedigoslures.com/
Looks like they are being made again.

Nice thing about making your own of course is really 'making them your own'.

I'd almost buy a few to use and for prototypes/getting a precise mold made further down the line if need be.

E2A: Here's a video link by Marc Wisniewski, who writes for Do-It, where he talks about building this lure with the cut face mold along with some other famous Billy Westmorland lures.

The entire video is good but the pedigo stuff is at 4:42

hookup

Thx Milwaukee & Pup ... exactly what I was looking for ..

See the cut face tail spinner mold, TSM-5-38, in this link.

Luv the price in the link ;)

Back