Smooth #10 Swivels

Hawnjigs

KISS
Despairing of finding any for a new bottom spin mold, having returned Rosco, Worth, eBay import roller purchases and AFW stainless samples proved unsatisfactory took another chance on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRANE-SWIVE...hash=item339cf7db08:m:miXTMTpHw05HK-5go_T9VkA

These are Asian size #s so this vendor #7 is comparable to American #10. The (Asian) #7s were flawlessly smooth spinning but next size up #5 not so guess its hit or miss. I can only speak for the current batch of #7s as future product or other sizes from this vendor may not be the same quality.

Since China mfg can produce quality product when they want to its a complete mystery why USA suppliers have allowed their quality to slip so much.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Those might be the rollers I sent back, I seem to remember the guy also selling darts. Fine they worked for you, think I might be more particular about spin quality than most, & the Asians  from the Colorado guy are the only keepers I could find.

Actually, like myself, if one has only used the SNAFU swivels I mentioned, the existence of actual good ones will be obscure. Thinking about it, I just purchased the last 1,000 lot #7s from the eBay vendor. He might still have smaller amounts available.

Kdog

If money is not an issue the SPRO swivels are very good quality. However, I bought a couple thousand AFW SS Mighty-mini crane swivels and feel they are without a doubt the smoothest I have ever used. Seem to me their tolerances are much tighter and being the SS is much harder than brass they are smoother acting and last longer and take more abuse before getting rough and gritty acting.

Kdog

If money is not an issue the SPRO swivels are very good quality. However, I bought a couple thousand AFW SS Mighty-mini crane swivels and feel they are without a doubt the smoothest I have ever used. Seem to me their tolerances are much tighter and being the SS is much harder than brass they are smoother acting and last longer and take more abuse before getting rough and gritty acting.

Hawnjigs

KISS
There's another mystery, why AFW would send me such low quality samples. I was using 10,000+ a year at the time, their loss.
Looked up SPRO, their smaller sizes are $134.25 per thou at Shortys.
Don't think Sampo makes cranes anymore, their website actually lists Rosco cranes. Messaged with a retired Sampo sales manager - he said when he was on the job their product was the best available.
Then again, the Rosco owner said their product "has always been top shelf" when I returned 10,000 #7 ships twice years apart for spin quality issues.
Really grateful to have finally find some decent ones.

Back