Smallie snacks

New River Rat

Thanksgiving has came and went, cold water has came to stay. For a while. Jigs have been twisted up in large numbers in case of river snaggage. This should be enough. Boys, I'm ready to chase cold water smallmouth!!!!!

This were twisted while waiting on the wood stove to catch up. Mostly I use football head jigs, but I'm trying a stand up head this winter.

JIGS20141_zps9c416815.jpg

These are ones tied prior to this winter.

JIGS20142_zpsd8bacabc.jpg
JIGS20143_zps442abbf8.jpg

Muskygary

New River Rat said:
Thanksgiving has came and went, cold water has came to stay. For a while. Jigs have been twisted up in large numbers in case of river snaggage. This should be enough. Boys, I'm ready to chase cold water smallmouth!!!!!

This were twisted while waiting on the wood stove to catch up. Mostly I use football head jigs, but I'm trying a stand up head this winter.

JIGS20141_zps9c416815.jpg

These are ones tied prior to this winter.

JIGS20142_zpsd8bacabc.jpg
JIGS20143_zps442abbf8.jpg
WOW! I like the way you use that zonker strip. Gives me some new ideas.

Kdog

Nice ties and I agree with Fatman (he is probably 6 foot tall and 150 pounds, I really wanted that nickname but Kdog works and has since High School)). Some patterns worth trying

ACAMS

Those East Texas big mouth dinks will like those too ....... THANKS ....... you just cost me another couple hundred bucks on hair, fur, green feathers, brown feathers and jigs! (already had the skirt material)

Now I just hope I can make them look half as good as yours .... I will be happy!

New River Rat

ACAMS said:
THANKS ....... you just cost me another couple hundred bucks on hair, fur, green feathers, brown feathers and jigs!

I'm pretty lucky to have friends that clean what they harvest. Black bear, squirrel tail, some hare hair. Just wish they could hook me up with dyed zonkers......

Back