Small spinner blades ?

oldfox

Does anyone know where you can purchase extral small spinner blades, smaller than #00, like the ones on this size 10 ice jig?

Attachments

• FB.jpg
    FB.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 111

oldfox

LedHed said:
How many you need?

I'd like to buy 100 or so... I got an idea on some tied ice jigs for next season along with some small ones for open water...

upnort16

Sorry for butting in,, but there is a spinner blade smaller than 00? I too am interested as I make the jig in the photo for personal use and the only blade I found smaller is the flipper style. I could use about 100 or so myself.

LedHed

Sponsor
I got a bunch (a bunch) of 00 (hammered and plain) from CK3 (RIP) awhile back. PM snail mail info.

u16 - ain't no buttin in here - it's all good. Don't think there is smaller than 00 other than the flipper style that you mentioned.

Think most mail order catalogs carry some 00. I use a lot of 00 willow blades also.
I got some glow 00 from Jann's or Barlow's - might have been Stamina too.

Side note; I only use butt (jump) rings with my blades and have lost 0 in two seasons so far.

moswampy

I am going to have to try those butt rings the smallest I can find is 1/4" ID is that the same that you are using or is there a source for smaller butt rings.

on the subject of blades for orders of 100 or less try chuck and debs tackle they have good prices and great service. $1 here and there justifies a habit.:D

oldfox

Size 00 are still to big....the ones I am looking for are only 5/16" long ...colorado style

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Smaller than 00.... could they be ice blades with holes drilled/punched? No clue how hard it would be to mannualy put holes into ice blades. :huh: Only thing i can think of unless you can get them custom cut - bet that would be big $$$$

Jann's has several different sizes (2 pages worth) of different ice blades - Jann's Ice Blade Search

quivira kid

I have never seen any smaller than 00, except the flippers. I ended up buying the flippers to make something similar to what you have pictured.

oldfox

AtticaFish said:
Smaller than 00.... could they be ice blades with holes drilled/punched?

I thought of that also AF. but that would take more dexterity in the fingers than these old hands have! :)

Thanks guys for all the input...

upnort16

Ron Don, you are correct. According to the Worth cataolgue, 00 colorado blades measure .440" (less than 1/2"). 00 indiana blades measure.434" (smaller yet). 0 is smallest willow leaf they offer at .568". Hope that helps all who are looking. Butt rings, are those the single wire loops? I've not used them and was wondering the reasons for doing so. I have split rings so I use them, but that supply is withering.

Fatman

RonDon is correct, I got an order of blades from Hagens (worth blades), and checked them against and old order of Netcraft blades. The worth 00 indiana and colorado are smaller but not by much. I don't know of any blades smaller than 00 but if they have them I'd like to see them.

Yes they are butt rings and alot of folks are using them on pony/rr jigs and spinners versus the split rings. I have alot of split rings so I use those.

Back