SKULL HEADS

JUNGLEJIM1

Got this custom skull head mold recently. Heads weigh 5/16 and takes 60 and 90 degree jig hooks. Been using powder paints I mixed myself and heads have been turning out really nice.IMG_3380.JPGIMG_3328.JPGIMG_3347.JPGIMG_3495.JPGIMG_3347.JPGIMG_3328.JPGIMG_3380.JPGIMG_3495.JPG

JUNGLEJIM1

I haven't used them yet, still crappie fishing mode for me catching some big ones for our area all spring and summer. Really want to do a smallie trip and use them in the rivers here. Maybe attach a big safety pin spinner and look for some hybrids. My crappie jigs painted with these paints have been working really well.

hookup

Betcha that safety pin spinner rig will work on anything brackish or salt. Did a white perch trip couple weeks back and ran into the school

Bucho

The paint is nice for breaking up structures but does not do much for the details of the head. Can you show us some raw castings? I could think of a tin cast and spinner blade insert under the chin.

Last edited:

skeetbum

My first thought when I first saw them was the rings that Sonny wore. They would be real close in design. The idea of a chin spin appeals to me. Cool looking heads Jim and some nice work on the paint.

hookup

Buddy of mine spin casts them, but imho they're just another version of the round ball with a little more flare

JUNGLEJIM1

Honestly, I have a bunch painted and tied but haven't used one yet. A couple of friends have used them and caught some nice bass, no giants. I do plan on using them next spring for hybrid stripers once the rivers come up. Lakes and rivers here are at record lows, very little rain the last few months after getting 10" record rainfall a few months ago. They do paint up nice though.

Back