Skirted Tail Spins

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Did well with this style right near the end of the season so i've been making a few more. :D These are all a little bigger 3/16's and 1/4's - but not positive how the ones with the bigger colorado blades will run... combined with the eye forward hooks, they may cause the whole thing to spin. Will just have to trade out the blades if they do. May need to trim the skirts a little too if they get in the way of the spinner - got to get them wet to figure all that out. :)

100_4420_e.jpg
100_4417_e.jpg

100_4421_e.jpg
100_4425_e.jpg

100_4428_e.jpg

Like the bright loud colors on reaction lures.

Fatman

Attica

You'd think the skirt would help keep it from spinning. Myself I like the longer legs - but the fish will be the ultimate judge!!!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Humminbirds and well dressed hookers? Baaaah!!! I just see jig spinner things. haha! Maybe a little similarity to both adjectives.....

...You'd think the skirt would help keep it from spinning. Myself I like the longer legs...

Fatman - the skirt doesn't seem to affect the water flow from spinning the blades but if the skirt is too long where a bunch of the legs hit the blade, that causes it to stop spinning. I try to cut them just to the end of the swivel but always have scissors on my leatherman tool if i need to adjust the length wile out fishing.

JUNGLEJIM1

The blades look awesome and for me tailspins are the bomb,especially in the spring. I love painting blades and I believe they make a difference. Those baits will "GIT ER DONE". Did I say that right ?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
If you want a spinner type bait that has a profile somewhere between a regular 'R' bend and and inline spin..... this is it. Bulk from the sili skirt and flash from the blade. :cool: 2 days ago, had the best day yet this spring on my river and was throwing only the these - 2 rockbass and 5 smallmouth bass on my lunch break. :)

Back