Site Info

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone!! Just wanted to let you know that the site may be down for a few hours possibly over the weekend coming up.

As i am sure a few of you have noticed, there was a spike in spam/junk being posted on the boards over the last month. The random posting of links and other garbage has been fixed for the most part but we are getting junk member sign-ups at an incredible rate. I will be running a software upgrade (fingers crossed) to try and fix the problem, so things may look a bit different once it is all back up and running. Upgrade is also supposed to fix some other random quirks and speed up the database. :icon14:

Thanks for sticking with us and putting up with the spammers! :)
Take care - Russ - :jig:

Radtexan

Thanks Russ..I know you've been working overtime lately...Hope the update will ease things up a bit.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ok.......... THAT took me longer than a few hours!!! :beat-up: I started it at around 4:00 yesterday and worked on it (almost) non-stop till about midnight. One problem after another. Guess I needed to just sleep on it - got up this morning early and had it back up in about 30 mins. :rolleyes:

Where we stand: The version of the software is updated (YEAH!!!) but i have yet to install the 'spam' patches and fixes. The junk members will continue to register - just have to deal with it till i get other stuff running.

Sorry for the in-convience everyone - Russ

Back