Since it's been so quite ...

hookup

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Just got back from the great North - Ey?[/font]

We were in Quebec

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Had 9 days of the most epic smallie, pike, and walleye fishing I've ever experienced[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]50+ pix of 18s, 19s, and 20s smallies. 16 inchers fought stronger than any 20 inchers[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I've caught locally Smallies up there were mean - thumbs are bloody and have numerous jabs from their spines. Finally had to start taping up my fingers. Never seen smallies with teeth like these. And the shoulders on those fish were insane. Finally had to start grabbing them w/ lip[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] grippers. Also got walleye - biggest was 26" and a 40+ inch pike. Four times the bite turned on so hard, had a fish w/ every other cast - one time it lasted over an hour. During these times, didn't even have time to pull out the camera because we were both so busy catching, netting and releasing fish[/font][/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Fishing was unreal and sur-real[/font][/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Bugs were a beatch - skeets were on roids and got welts from the horse flys. Will take me at least a weak to heal.[/font][/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Woke up one morning to 41dF, but water was still around 65dF and fish were on[/font][/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Drove over the local Potomac on the way home and it was muddy[/font][/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I'm really not ready to fish this weekend[/font][/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Will start posting pix as time permits[/font][/font]

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is a dream trip for me as well. My wife would enjoy it as well so it may just happen someday. Always love to see pictures.

Back