Shrimp teasers for Pompano

Barefoot

#2 Owner Flyliner, chenille, crimped nylon & flash. I tried using feathers last year and they got beat up by the other toothy critters in the surf. My first try with chenille and these should hold up better and work well. I do have some "Baitfish" chenille coming from Crazy Angler that may be more of a natural color. Could do some burnt mono eyes but I need more practice.
IMG_0453.jpg

plateboater

Nice work......does it matter what part of the deer tail. Looks like you are using stiffer fibers

Barefoot

One of my ideas is to fish these banana jigs with the teasers; the front one floating on the loop knot. Bright colors over pearl white, firecracker glitter & clear coat on the jigs.
IMG_0459.jpg

plateboater

Fantastic combo. I do the same thing here for panfish but wayyyy smaller jigs and spoons. What size is that spoon? You may run a dropper line of that bottom hook with another combo on mono.....may not take the lure but smash the dangler. Just a thought

Barefoot

I have thought about doing a dropper off the bottom. I usually tie a dropper a foot above the jig but once the Spanish and Bluefish come in I have to stop using them due to cutoffs. I actually use #2 -#6 ice jigs on droppers early in the season. The bananas are 1/2 oz. jigs.
Thanks,

slammingjack

I just started tying, so thank you for the tip on feathers. BTW I hate blues. To me I don't like the taste and hate what they do to soft plastics. Real nice job.

Barefoot

I found a head I like for the shrimp pattern. A 3/16 Bonefish head from Buggs.
I really enjoy working with the crimped nylon as it is easy to blend colors and stack.
FullSizeRender%203.jpg
FullSizeRender%202.jpg

Barefoot

I have recently gone back to the swivel jig rig due to losing jigs to toothy fish and having them raped by Ladyfish. This puts the hook further away from the line and provides a lot of extra action on the teaser. I experimented with different chenilles and came back to the Estaz as it seems to be the most durable.
The bead eyes may help.
Estaz%20Teaser%20Top.jpg
Swivel%20jig.jpg

Back