Shrimp Creole

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
All this cold weather had me wanting to cook something to warm things up! What could be better than GrandMa's shrimp creole??? Over the years I have simplified grandmaws recipe making it super easy to fix and much quicker. Now she might be looking down here giving me the "eye" but I don't think she would taste a difference! I had to back off on the HEAT this time since Steph is still nursing our latest addition. I usually prefer to break a sweat when I eat stuff like this... Maybe next time LOL. I used shrimp this time, but I also love to use pan fried crappie instead! Another thing I like to do that is a little different is to serve it over mashed taters instead of rice.

creole_zpsd3e0623d.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Dude....................................!!!!!!! How can you post a pic like this WITH OUT the recipe?? Served over rice?

Guessing it would be noodles in my household ........and we want the recipe with the HEAT, no nursing here.

JUNGLEJIM1

It looks great Ronnie. I always add extra heat to my plate, no one would eat the hotter stuff here except me. Whether it's potatoes, rice or noodles, they would all work with me.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Over NOODLES?? This ain't Ragu! Try it with rice first.

1 chopped bell pepper
3 stalks celery
1 chopped onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 Large can stewed tomatoes
2 cans tomato sauce
1/2 C ketchup
1/4 C worcesteshire sauce
1 T adobo sauce
1 1/2 cup water

You can find the adobo on the ethnic isle of grocery store. If you don't want to get it just add Cajun seasoning and hot sauce. The adobo just gives a smokey heat.

Cook down the veggies to desired texture. Add all other ingredients and cook for 20 minutes. Then add 2 lbs of cooked shrimp. Best to use fresh shrimp!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Going to be trying this - sounds good! Rice would be MY choice, and believe me..... it is just a more peaceful meal to give in and have noodles or else the peanut gallery gets loud and super boycotts begin.

Ron Don said:

CrappieHappy

AtticaFish said:
Going to be trying this - sounds good! Rice would be MY choice, and believe me..... it is just a more peaceful meal to give in and have noodles or else the peanut gallery gets loud and super boycotts begin.

Ron Don said:

make a small side of Rice for ya self...

EDIT: NM....

hookup

We do our chili over macaroni noodles or corn bread.

Both would work with RB's shrimp receipe

Back