Shark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hhawkins

Boyfriend brought shark home from work the other day.I can't remember the last time I had eatten shark, yep it has been awhile! YUM-O!

Shark done in a skillet
When picking shark out, make sure it is nice a pink without white lines running through the meat. White lines means rubber!
warm your skillet, 1 TBSP, good old fashioned butter,not the 1 molecule away from being plastic stuff..."yuk!"
Get out your Old Bay Seasoning and sprinkle both sides of the shark. Throw the shark in your skillet and cook all the way through like a pork chop. Serve with hot garlic cheddar biscuits, cole slaw, fried potatoes and hushpuppies. OMG MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! GOOD!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Pink meat.... Is it fatty, similar to salmon? Can't say i have tried it, but i wouldn't pass it up if it was at the table! :D

Carp - i have tried it once before, smoked. There is a large smoke house in the tourist area around Port Clinton by L. Erie that sells both smoked carp and freshwater drum. I tried it once..... NOT twice. :s

hhawkins

Hawn - don't eat carp around here, too boney, not worth the trouble to me, but some people do eat here.
Attica - Shark is not fatty and I love salmon. Put shark on your table, you will like it!

JUNGLEJIM1

I think it depends on what kind of shark. Blue sharks are inedible,their waste is excreted through their skin. Seen that on Deadliest Catch a couple days ago. I bought some shark steaks many years ago and it didn't taste too bad. I prefer crappie and bluegill or a walleye when I get one. I havn't eaten a bass in 20+ years.

Hawnjigs

KISS
I think the reason why locals here don't eat shark is cuz they are responsible for occasional unasked for weight loss programs. Never know what a shark might have eaten.

Back