Shad - a - lac

hookup

Been having fun with the shad lately. Very light jigs in bright colors; chartreuse, red, white with allot of sparkly chenille and/or flashapoo.

Blast catching mini-tarpons on light weight rods with 1/32 to 1/16th oz jigs

J1DCL9v.jpg

Hawnjigs

KISS
A customer out your way claims they fight hard enuf to bend out ordinary hooks? I'm generally not impressed with Victory hooks as they tend to have similar annoying characteristics exhibited by Matzuo but I can say that the #6 Victory sickle is exceptionally strong, sharp, well shaped, and a welcome replacement for my trout fave near depleted vintage #6 original Sickles. In the annoying tho not fatal category #4 V sickles have a slightly too long eye leg and the #6 a minor 1 or 2* eye twist.

Do they fight that hard and can you eat em?

hookup

I fish with UL or L rods with 6# mono so the fight's great - especially with two jigs. The heavier one is on the bottom, the lighter one's tied onto a slip knot about a foot above the bottom one. Get two shad on and it's a blast. I figured out how to make them jump to so that adds to the fun.

I've never broke or bent a hook on shad. I mostly use Matzuo or Lit'l Nasties on stuff that small

Did break two VMC 2/0 hooks the other day on small mouth. Will only buy games now.

I don't eat them. I understand some keep them just for the roe but don't get caught.

Back