searching for a type of jig **pics**

Roba22

I am looking for a bass jig that has a mix of hair and silicone in the skirt. Its a small size jig so not your big thick bass jigs, more a finesse style. I used to have them made by a good friend who has taken ill and now I am searching for a new place. would someone here be interested to do something like this? If you would consider it please let me know and we can talk more.

-Robert

Jig Man

Hey Robert, welcome from West Texas... Ya might post up a picher, but I bet someone around here can handle it anyway.

Roba22

thank you. I will post a picture once I figure out how.. hehe... I only have two left and plan to use one tomorrow morning. if I still have them tomorrow night I will work on posting one.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yep - if you can show an example of what you want, there are a few who sell jigs that can set you up!

Silicone tied skirts with rabbit or craft hair tails are one of my top producers for bass.... and the sparsely tied finesse style fall slowly and trigger a lot of hits with out having to give the bait any action.

Roba22

Here are the last two that I have, both are 3/16oz and the one on the left the the type head I like best. the head on the right is a flat style that gets hung in rocks easy.

IMG_0930_zps98e104d8.jpg

here is a closer look at them.

IMG_0931_zpse7f5c578.jpg

IMG_0932_zps24ab3ba4.jpg

Roba22

IMG_0933_zpsfe92389c.jpg

this is one of the colors that I would like to get some new ones in. more of a darker green pumkin with a mix of black and blue underneath and a touch of orange.
IMG_0934_zps6198c307.jpg

Another color, basic green pumkin with a little orange.
IMG_0935_zpsbc05b45f.jpg

so there you have it. I would like to have some made like the one in the first pics on the left side. in both 3/16 and 1/4 oz heads, a little bigger or should I say fuller then those where. and would like to have them close to the colors you see in all 4 styles. anyone game?

Fatman

At first glance it might be craft fur but the closeup it's bucktail. The 5th pic is going to be your problem child!! looks like 5 different colors of skirt material. One guy off the top might be Cadman he does alot of bass jigs - not sure if he has that head or not.

Roba22

the head it not a must as long as it's not the "flat" style round. a normal round head is ok. as for the 5 different color jig that does not have to be all 5 colors. a silicone skirt with dark green pumkin and a couple lime strands then with a spash of orange would be fine. kind of like picture 4 has the orange to brown hair in the middle.

cadman

Roba22,
I currently do not make jigs with hair and silicone, only flat and round silicone, however Smalljaw does and he makes some beautiful jigs. He replies here regularly, and I know he can help you out. I will e-mail him and have him contact you. BTW nice looking jigs.

smalljaw

I May be able to help you but I need to know what you mean when you say flat style round? I make 2 different kind of round heads, one has a 60 degree flat eye hook which means the hook eye is sideways instead of up and down facing. The other is like the one you have in the picture with a 90 degree abredeen style hook. I'll post a picture of a football head I make for the river that has both hair and silicone, these are different that what you have but I can do the same thing as mine have just a thin layer of hair and then a little heavier silicone.

smalljaw

Here are some pic of the football heads, the top one is straight black and the bottom one is a mix of watermelon and green pumpkin. I also too a pic of the watermelon/green pumkin by itself to show the density of the bucktail as it is hard to see on the black. These are done with a 2/0 60 degree flat eye hook.

DSCN01402_zpsed8e75da.jpg

DSCN01422_zps174abb03.jpg

Roba22

Not sure I can explain the style other than its a round head but flat "skinny" sides with no eyes. here is a picture close to what that one is. its the top one.
View attachment 8

The style head that works best is a Arky or football style. the one on the left in my 1st. picture was the Arky style head that he had a mold for.

I will post a couple more pictures as well. this is a Tennessee summer craw and I like this color. would also like to see this with a dark green pumkin silicone skirt too. but same hair along with the orange tips.
View attachment 9

here is a green pumkin melon that I like too.

Attachments

• walleye.gif
    walleye.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Tennessee Summer_Craw.jpg
    Tennessee Summer_Craw.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 44
  • watermelon%20bug.jpg
    watermelon%20bug.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 44

Roba22

yes I like the green pumkin one. thats what I am looking for. can you do it with some orange mixed in or tips on the back side?

in trying to find pictures i could show you I came across a website named northstar baits that make the ones I posted the pictures of above. I can either order theirs now or I can ask you to make me some. either way is good with me. if you would like the chance I say go for it and I will commit right now to ordering at least 4 of each color. and I will change my head wieght to 1/4oz and 3/8oz no more 3/16oz...

smalljaw

I can add orange to the green pumpkin, in fact I can do it with silicon or I could use orange hair with green pumpkin silicon and tied with orange thread. The possibilities are endless, I'll PM you my email address and we can discuss further and I can show you pictures of some round heads I recently did for a few people that are both hair and silicone. I also have had fantastic results with a new silicone called bio-silk, it is a silicone but it looks, feels, and acts like living rubber, it only comes in plain colors like green pumpkin, orange, brown and some others but no prints like stripes or spots or anything but I've been really catching fish on jigs that I have been using it with.

Back