Scrounger Jig Mold?

AllenOK

In the past year, I've started fishing Scrounger jigs. Mostly with soft plastic, but I have tied a Double-Bunny onto one.

I love fishing those jigs, but the cost, oh my gosh! $5 for a pack with just a few jigs? Expensive!!

I've looked in a few catalogs, but never found a mold for those. Of course, I'd need to find a source for the soft plastic lip on those as well.

Anyone have a mold, and be willing to pour some? Or point me in a direction so I can get my own mold?

Bucko

I've never seen a mold even close to that. I would bet we never will with patents and such. I've heard of guys trying to make there own with a bit of clear plastic like a water bottle.

hookup

If you can get past the advertisments and fast forward through the discussions ...

If you want a round head, DoIt has a shak-e head jig or just a regular doit jig head & some clay where the brush guard goes should do the trick

toadfrog

Somewhere in the older posts one of the guys tied in a lip behind the head . If you want a jig to just go stupid in the water slide a small sucker pad from one of those stick on mirrors or something up on your line in front of the jig head .Concave surface forward .Ya might like what you see .

AllenOK

Toadfrog, I think I saw that post! Looks like the lip was cut from a plastic lid for a coffee can? The suction cup thing is a good idea. I know I've seen something similar in the Netcraft and Feathercraft catalogs.

Back