Saturday was depressing

Fatman

Since I had my son here for Thanksgiving I decided to try and pour some jigs. Had everything set up, hooks all loosed up and separated in size piles and swivels all ready to go.

Got the lead pots going and 20 minutes later J:LKJ:LJ:LKJ:LKJ. the pots were hotter than heck on top but half temp on bottom. Had to tip them on their side and use a propane torch to get the lead out.

Turned around and put all the parts away and got everything totally put away. Now I have to get hold of LEE company and see what I need to do to send them back, for the rehab program. I'll call them from work tommorrow and I will be sending them priority so I can get them back quick.

I was just so bummed I really wanted to try and get something done after being out of everything for so long.

Just a little rant!!! LOL

toadfrog

That is strange . Empty those suckers out and crank them up empty for thirty minutes then drop a pellet of lead in it about 4 oz . Should only take two minutes to melt . If it takes any longer they sure enough are wacked . New pots sometimes do that if you don't do a burn out up front . Got no Idea why .

Fatman

Yeah Ron both of them one after the other -

And yeah Toad I did that and all it did was get warm and a little mushy.

Just ticked me off, I REALLY wanted to do something towards fishing - I actually got hit by the wife when she found out though LOL. Even with my son telling her that he did the heavy lead bucket lifting she was still mad LMAO.

I can't gripe too much I bought pot 1 in 1984 and Pot 2 in 1987, so I definately got my money out of them. Called LEE this morning and they're both going back under the 1/2 price replacement program along with my check for $76.98. And they are going priority mail to get them there sooner. The Lady at LEE told me that usually pots over 10 years old they just send out new ones - so WHOHOOO then look out (well when the wifes not home)

I know everyone gripes about drips every now and then but as long as these pots have lasted and a US company is backing up something this old, they'll keep getting my business with NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME!!!!!

blt

Sounds like a rare U.S. business that really does stand behind their product, and want to keep the customer happy. Good deal.
I have the RCBS pot, and it is well over 10 years old. Would probably look at the Lee pot when this one dies.....unless I could score another RCBS that was used.

Fatman

I was on the LEE site this morning and the ProPot IV's that I have the upright stand piece is square and looking at the site their more oval shaped now.

Don't know if that's how they determine the age but who knows, I just want some pots that work like they did!!!!!!!

Back