Salty Dog

hookup

Buddy got a nice off shore boat, so he was kind enough to take me out in the bay the last couple weekends.

Last week was tough. Not to many fish and we had to work hard for them.

Friday we played hooky, fished w/ UL rods with small inlines (a couple came from So CA) and bitsy bugs & got into the fish. We were targeting perch in coves & around docks.

We trolled for stripers in the morning with no luck, but caught a couple stripers during the day fishing for perch. The perch were non-stop. We boated easily over 100 of them. Three stripers, and oddly enough, in salt water a catfish??
We saw some real nice boats to. The little one fits into the big one as one boat. Must be nice!

001_zpswu6b3iwt.jpg

Most of the perch were cookie cutter - about 9" - good eat'n, but both of use were to lazy to keep any

003_zpsp8xtxjfk.jpg

Here's one of the stripers my Cuban buddy got

005_zps5wmllswh.jpg

008_zpsqixma5jn.jpg

After about 7 hours on the water, we stopped at the local pizza place & enjoyed this

IMG_0802_zpszpfjqflj.jpg

It was breakfast this morning.

JSC

We Catch a lot of Saltwater Cat in this Area on artificial .. Mostly Sail Cats and Hard Heads.

Kdog

Gonna need a bigger truck to tow that combo. Plus more buddies to split the fuel bill.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Geez, those are crazy "boats". Is this where the DC power players hang out?

Never heard them mentioned before your report - white perch - interesting that they can live up to 17 years and are close relatives of striped bass. That 11"er looks tasty alright.

hookup

AllenOK said:
What species of Catfish was it?

No clue.

Hawn - those perch are tasty. Fry the fillets up with a cornmeal breading, or marinate & put in the smoker. Then I take the rest of the fish, remove the guts & gills, and make a fish stock.

But yesterday we were just having fun catching them.

That's Annapolis. That's where the Baltimore heavies hang. Not sure who owns that boat, but the boat right behind it is owned by the owner of the Baltimore Ravens.

Kdog - I'm sure those guys (or women) can afford the gas. We got some richies around this area.

AllenOK

Either a Gafftopsail or Hard Head catfish. Be careful with those Hard Heads. They're wicked mean little buggers, and will do anything they can to stick you.

Back