Saltwater Hardbodies ?

JUNGLEJIM1

A member on here asked if a hardbody jig I posted from my trout fishing trip would work in saltwater. It was too small for snook only weighing 1/60 on a #8. I did have a larger 1/12 phatboy head on a #4 sickle so I tied 2 of each of these up for him to try. These heads are nickle plated so they shouldn't rust in salt,at least for awhile. They are so well balanced that I can stand them up. These have black,gray or natural grizzly marabou tails,bodies and flash in the tail are metallic thread,light rainbow color.Body is sealed by Sally. If he wants these send me a pm with an addy and I'll get them headed out for a snook test. These are pretty easy to tie.

Attachments

• IMG_2964.JPG
    IMG_2964.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2966.JPG
    IMG_2966.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2967.JPG
    IMG_2967.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 86

JUNGLEJIM1

Thanks everyone,hopefully these will pass a snook test.. Ronnie,no it's not axxel although I have some of that sitting here on the desk. It's a spool of metallic light rainbow sewing thread. I bought a 1/4 lb. spool of it on ebay for about $5,including shipping. Spools have over 4,000 yards on them..Pretty strong stuff. I wrap it on smaller spools that I saved whenever I empty them. NEVER throw away empty spools. They are still useful. Sophia,my 2 year old grandaughter stacks them up and shoots other spools across the hardwood floor trying to knock them down. Little game I created that keeps here occupied for a little while.No tying when she's here,although she would try if I let her. She has been fishing and has caught bluegill already. First one freaked her out a little.

toadfrog

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Thanks everyone,hopefully these will pass a snook test.. Ronnie,no it's not axxel although I have some of that sitting here on the desk. It's a spool of metallic light rainbow sewing thread. I bought a 1/4 lb. spool of it on ebay for about $5,including shipping. Spools have over 4,000 yards on them..Pretty strong stuff. I wrap it on smaller spools that I saved whenever I empty them. NEVER throw away empty spools. They are still useful. Sophia,my 2 year old grandaughter stacks them up and shoots other spools across the hardwood floor trying to knock them down. Little game I created that keeps here occupied for a little while.No tying when she's here,although she would try if I let her. She has been fishing and has caught bluegill already. First one freaked her out a little.

Those are unusual heads. Great looking jigs! I have an old mold made by ament that looks like a gator some say a frog.Where could I get a mold to do those.

ScottV

JJ I bet Sophia could try them out for you and give them the snook test! LOL I've got a 14 month old grand-daughter and can't wait till she's old enough. I love the thread bodies, good job!

JUNGLEJIM1

TFrog,as of now this is the only mold in existence.It's custom made by CAT,another member on here. I'm not looking to corner the market on these. Send him a pm and I'm sure he would make one for you. You can change weights,heavier or lighter if you wish.Just let him know what you want. Custom molds do cost more than pre made ones but are worth the price. Scott,you have a lot to look forward to. Sophia is already telling her dad how to fish complete with hand motions. She says " I reel and reel and reel ". She's tried to put jigs in the vice but coordination isn't there yet. Been stuck a few times but it hasn't fazed her. Her favorite place in the house is my tying desk.

Back