Right Target Wrong Fish

toadfrog

Went out to a pretty good sized farm pond covers about two acres. Thought I might pick up a crappie or two . Took my beetle spins as usual and a couple 1/8 marabou jigs tipped with a paddle tail worm . Got 1 crappie . I couldn't keep the stinking bass off the hook . They have good sized egg sacks already. Wound up with ten or so bass no crappie . Good thing is I have several pounds of fillets and a good time to show for it . Sure would of liked to have had at least enough crappie to make a sandwich.

toadfrog

That's what all work and no play gets you . You wind up going around half bassed . LOL

Hawnjigs

KISS
After high school I got addicted to surfing. Spent the next 25 years working just enuf for skid row rent and half gassed worn out VWs.

toadfrog

Heck yea , Those bass eat anything . I saw one snatch a low flying bird right out of the air . I think it was a barn swallow dipping for a drink . They aren't a big bird. By the way I'll probably be needing some wobble heads so P.M. a price for 50 of the biggest you make. That way I'll know ahead of time.

Back