Redneck Alcohol Lamp

redman

Ok Boys and Girls finally got around to doing pictures of my no cost Alcohol Lamp. Take a 4 oz. pimento jar and punch a small hole in the lid. Take a piece of COTTON Rope 4 inches should be enough stick it in the hole that you punched in the lid. Fill 1/4 full of 91 % medical alcohol wait till the wick gets wet light and start painting. You can pour any unused Alcohol back in the bottle and use it again. So here are the pictures of the no cost Alcohol Lamp. Remember that you can regulate the flame by the length of the wick.

100_2197.jpg

100_2198.jpg

100_2199.jpg

Please enjoy The redneck Alcohol Lamp.

Redman

ScottV

I use an alcohol burner I got off of eBay. I use denatured alcohol and it's the best thing I've used yet for heating jigheads.

toadfrog

Hey Red you better quit giving our secrets away . Next thing you'll be tell'in em the alcohol we really use was made in the cellar OPPS ! let that one out myself . DANG

redman

Dang TF and to think that I had to hunt thur all those garbage cans of them old folks just to find that one bottle to take a picktur of. Now I got get wood to feed the sti ahhh wood stove.

Redman

redman

As long as you don't over fill it Fatman it works very good. I don't fill mine over 1/4 of the way full. I have painted for over 2 hours with out having to refill. The only other thing that I would recommend is to have a tight fit on the wick to the jar lid. I have painted over 1500 heads with it. You can see that It is well used I think I made this in like March of this year. No incidents of any kind out side the sloppy paint job I got when I got started. The jar is not even warn most of the time as is the lid even with the long time burns.

Redman

redman

Everyone here is something to think about!!! A gallon of Denatured Alcohol is Apx. $15 at the big Box Stores. Medical 91% Alcohol is Apx. $1.69 a Quart at least around here. 4 X $1.70 = $6.80 4 quarts to the gallon or a savings of $8.20 more or less depending on local sale tax. No soot, burns great, and if need be you can disinfect a cut with it which is what it is for.

But please make up your own mind I have.

Redman

StumpHunter

Glad to see the pic of your lamp. That will work great. Even on my store bought lamp you have to make sure not to turn it over or it will leak. I like the heat the lamps put off and they are a great heat source for painting jigs.

Back