Recently Hooked From Missouri

AndyLane

View attachment 9
Hello my name is Andy. I live in California, MO. I am a long time fisherman but I have only been tying jigs and flies for a short time. A few months back I needed dressed treble hooks for some wooden Bass lures I was making. After spending too much money for some pre-made ones online I decided I could tie them myself. I broke out an old tying kit my father bought at an estate sale and with a little playing around and help from Sites/forums like this one I figured out how to do it. I tied a few treble hooks but then I started tying crappie and bluegill jigs. My building wooden lures hobby was quickly put on the side burner. Needless to say new supplies and tools have been bought and I am officially Hooked! I've gotten some great advice and inspiration from reading this site and I hope I might be able to provide a little myself.

Attachments

• IMG_7667.jpg
    IMG_7667.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 60

Radtexan

Welcome aboard Andy...

Didnt know there was such a thing as California, Mo ??? But we have some great tyers from the "show me" place.....You'll find some great info here,if not just ask away ...Looks like your off to a great start.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome from NW Ohio! That is a good looking fly - the green/gold flash would be good bluegill color.

Jig Man

Welcome from West Texas, cool lookin jig. Lots of good information and a great bunch of folks here. Looking forward to learnin from ya.

Back