Rebuilding Finders Keepers

crappiecripplerjigs

View attachment 6View attachment 6View attachment 8View attachment 9I'll try to keep this brief, but don't hold your breath.:p Every year for the past 22 years on Thanksgiving Day my father, myself, and my cousin go "lure hunting". We have a painters pole that extends in 3 sections out to 30 feet with a large spring on the end. We go to local creeks, rivers, and public lakes in search of what has been hung up in trees by fishermen. We split the booty 3 ways for use or for hanging on a net in our mancave. I have used a small percentage of what has been retrieved but choose to save most of it. I can tell you what tree and what creek most of the items came from!:beat-up: It is always fun to see what the locals have been using in each place. Amazing what you can find walking the banks. I'm adding some pics of some rebuilt spinnerbaits, one with a super huge blade, and some lures jerked from trees that are obviously home made. We donate some of the loot and hand tied jigs, used rods and reels found at auction and repaired, and various other items each year to the "Kids Fishing Day" at Kellogg Lake in Carthage Mo. Thought you might enjoy seeing some pics. Too darn hot to fish around here this week! My son decided to keep the purple buck tail as is, so I added a rebuild without taking a "before" picture.

Attachments

• oldrebuilds 003.jpg
    oldrebuilds 003.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 57
  • oldrebuilds 001.jpg
    oldrebuilds 001.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 47
  • oldrebuilds 002.jpg
    oldrebuilds 002.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 57
  • oldrebuilds 004.jpg
    oldrebuilds 004.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 54
  • oldrebuilds 006.jpg
    oldrebuilds 006.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 54

crappiecripplerjigs

It is lots of fun but we get some strange looks from folks that happen to see us out and about with a long pole stuck in a tree! They probably feel sorry for us thinking we need a bobber to go fishing with!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Love that clothes pin lure! Alot of work went into that thing, kinda reminds me of the silly stuff we do to jigs! :p But if you look at it, it does have a pretty good profile of a bait fish.... bet it would have caught some fish - if it held together!!! :D

JUNGLEJIM1

My favorite is the clothespin lure,wonder if it caught fish before it found the tree. Great hobby,you got a bunch of lures I'd throw.

Back