Reading Instrument Co.

Hawnjigs

KISS
I don't like ranting, cuz I realize MOST of us try our best even if the results may not please others. But here's a story, sticking to the facts:

Called up Miriam last spring, still doing PR for the family bizness in her 70s. Was quoted a price for 25# of stainless steel sinker eyes which is a discount price break point. Mailed a check for the amount + shipping cost which was actually a few cents more rounded off to the higher dollar amount. Received 24# of cheaper BRASS eyes at a higher small order price. Sent em back at MY EXPENSE after notifying Miriam of the return for exchange. Received 18-1/2# of correct SS eyes with a note saying they were 5# short and a credit for a far lesser amount of not quite 4# applicable to next "order real soon". Mailed back note + request for "5# short" and check for an extra $5 to cover $4.95 at the time Flat Rate box postage. Waited a month, no show. Credit Union records show $5 check deposited a month ago. Called Miriam who said "I don't remember but will check." Still waiting. Been a Reading customer since '98.

Back