Rain, rain and more rain

JUNGLEJIM1

We've been getting hammered this past week with record rainfall, still raining with more still coming. We've lost fish hatcheries, several bridges and who knows what else. Don't know how much we've gotten but we've gotten a few months worth in less than a week. Wife can't get to work because water is flooding the highway. Going to be awhile before things return to normal here. I'm a little bummed right now. Hope things are better where you are.

Fatman

Sorry to hear it! we've been getting rain every day but they're saying heavy rain for the next week -rivers are already too high and cant even get to the back side of the pond as the trail is flooded.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I'm blaming you JUNGLEJIM1..... you have been doing the rain dance to get the stripers back up your rivers haven't ya? haha

I do know what you mean. I have squeezed in at least 1 quick trip between storms each week, but this weekend sound like bad news. The river my store is right next to is already running pretty high and they are calling for 2"-3" over the next 48 hours. The river prediction from NOAA is putting it just under where it starts to come in our basement..... but i have a feeling i may be spending the weekend moving stuff upstairs.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Yah, Missouri floods are national news, & you're blessed if your home is still habitable. Geez, saw a vid clip of a house going down stream and smashing up against a bridge or something.

Good luck with the high water wipers, they might have decided to vacation in Louisiana. Or, post storm conditions might enable some unusual opportunity somewhere.

Not too far from you here in Nebraska, and my fishing bud is whining that we could use some rain.

Pup

Indiana's been full of rain too...after running a 1.5" precipitation deficit just a couple of weeks ago.  Flooding here too, though not on the scale of Missouri's.

ridgeliner

The weather records at the Buffalo airport weather station go back to 1880. Last month ( April ) was the wettest  April in the history of those records. Lake Ontario is the  highest
it has been in over 40 years.  It still will not crest for a few more weeks. A lot of sand bags have been put out and more are getting prepared to put in use.

JUNGLEJIM1

I wanted rain for sure but wish it had stopped about last Saturday in the afternoon. I wish I could make things happen by wishing. If I could I'd start by wishing the Blues to come back from a 3-1 deficit in the Stanley Cup against Nashville. I've been a hockey fan since we got a team 50 years ago but still no cup for St. Louis. Every time I go to a playoff game they lose. Sun is out and rivers have crested and starting to drop slowly. Probably be a week before I can fish hybrids again if they are even still around.Only one way to find out. If flood waters got to my house almost the whole city would be under water. Hope things start looking up for whoever is getting a bunch this weekend, probably getting the leftover rain from us.

Fatman

We had a dry day yesterday but it's started again and we're supposed to get whacked tomorrow and then steady rain for the next 7 days!!!

hookup

Can't ever get outside to finish painting

Darn the luck .... ;-)

Back