Rabbit fur?

BucktailJiger

Where is the best place to get rabbit fur that is dyed ? Been using the 1/8" zonker strips and cutting the hair off . Or is this the best way to keep doing it . Ive looked but just seem to find the zonkers ? Thanks

BucktailJiger

Opened up the complete listing of their rabbit fur products and they have a short movie about different types of cuts of hair . The Bunnybou strips are awesome .

quivira kid

Cabela's "rabbit fur grab bags" are awesome for getting a good variety for cheap. It's the edge pieces Hareline can't make full zonker strips from.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
If you are using just the fur, it is easier to handle and cut approximate size clumps of hair from the zonker (or cross-cut) strips. I have some full hides purchased from a craft store and i cut them into strips no matter what i plan to do with them. Wish they sold craft fur in zonker style strips :D that stuf is a royal pain to seperate out a chunk of hair that you want to cut off the backing material.

There is someone on Ebay that sells full hides zonked or cross-cut, someone here should have the sellers name. Here is another source that has some cool 2-tone colors and barred strips. http://www.flyfishusa.com/fly-tying/rabbit.htm They also sell full hides down near the bottom...... i personally have never dealt with this company though so no clue how their service is.

blt

Rabbit? Rabbit? I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my 2 skunk pelts I have in the shed drying out lol. I can use the tails for sure, but was told the whole hide is good to use.

I saw some "grab bags", Scrap bags, at Bass Pro Shop Monday. Left it behind. Maybe I should have grabbed one.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I bought half hides from guy on ebay. It was cheapest ive found and great quality. If interested I can dig up the name. Pretty sure papa perch Is the one that turned us on to him.

Fatman

Ok couple places on the auction site, this place has not only furs but feathers too - lots of bulk stuff but your choice

Store - Native Sun Products
Fishing Supply company Has strips and hide piece assortments (sent them an email on if they have Buy it Now or auctions only)
Docs Fly box Has regular auctions and a store Here's a gimme!!!! 230699588116 CHEAP!!!!!!!!

Ok somebody else can post some links LOL

JUNGLEJIM1

Doc's Fly Box has good prices and a large variety on ebay. I just bought three more crosscut skins and some individual packs as well. As for as whole skins on average you get 44-50 strips per skin. Individual zonker or crosscut packs come four strips per pack and magnum zonkers you get three strips per pack.I split the magnums sometimes myself and get six strips then.The tiger barred strips are really nice but pricey. Rabbit is one of my favorites with a killer action and definitely worth trying. I'd like to find someone selling half skins at a good price.

Fatman

I'm not find half skin dyed pelts LOL - I am not - am not - am not!!! an internet junkie
20.gif

Back