Project Sand Eel

toadfrog

View attachment 6OK here is a thing for you saltwater guys. This thing has a ball bearing swivel inside for rolling fish. the hook placement is farther back to get those tail bitters . An inline blade that will spin on the fall or retrieve . 5/8 ths head , the body is round then tapers to a flat tail .

Attachments

• SAND EEL 6inch.jpg
    SAND EEL 6inch.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 87

toadfrog

What is the best color for one of those things and I've been told to get rid of the blade . Cause the blues won't leave it alone .

Hawnjigs

KISS
When I fished plastics for local salt water predators, had really good results with Felmlee eels in a natural pearl belly + olive or gray back color. I think they were about the same size as yours TF. I too have heard mention that flash, even a bit of tinsel on a jig, might over attract plastic and fiber shredding blues. Tuff call, since spinning metal also enhances attraction for more desirable species.

toadfrog

Maybe I can think of another wrinkle . Never saw an eel swim so I don't know how they act . Any thoughts on that .
Yep stump They work on Hybrids , Uncle snatched one and snuck off to the dam . Got several keepers on it . Might have been just the right time right place but if unk snags a lure he's pretty positive he will boat fish .

Hawnjigs

KISS
I think eel-like long slender baits don't need to be replicas to attract predators. If you've never seen an eel swim sounds like Unc's dam may not have that forage base. Yes, the Felmlee eels look almost exactly like a local species but I've had equally good catches on rubber worms with Culprit red shad the top producer. Nothing I've ever seen in the wild here resembles that. I'll bet Unc could git some with your "eels" in electric chicken.

toadfrog

Thanks for the cudo's guys , Hawn I'll put my thinking cap back on and see what strangeness boils over . Maybe the eel fish cross over so when they see it they want to kill it out of spite .

Back