Problem pouring jigging spoons

markh28

I've got Jigging Spoons!! The bottom pour pot and hotter lead made a world of difference. It works much better than trying to ladle into this mold. Thanks to all of your suggestions to help me through this. I am totally sold on this Lee 10# bottom pour.

Jettywolf

New member here....

Found this website via a google search for this EXACT same question.

I am having the exact same problems with the exact same mold and getting pours the exact same way.

Soooooo. I'm gonna take the advice of getting the Lee Precision Production Lead Melting Pot IV with my Ebay bucks I have.

And hope this works a lot better.

Been pouring my own sinkers for 25 years. And never had a problem with such a thing as described in this thread.

I'm a ole ladle guy, with a giant pot on top of a propane cooker. So getting a electric pot that pours from underneath will be new to me and Hi-Tech like!!

Pouring the slab jigs for my own use. I'm in the "saltwater" charter biz in Florida and I use these slab jigs with great success for Redfish to Trout and all in between for inshore fishing.

THANKS for all the info. I'll be reading lurking and learning.

-Jettywolf
captdaves.com
in Jax Fla.

I wanna say this too....."I've got Jigging Spoons!! The bottom pour pot and hotter lead made a world of difference. It works much better than trying to ladle into this mold. Thanks to all of your suggestions to help me through this. I am totally sold on this Lee 10# bottom pour." by Markh28

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you found us and got some positive info Jettywolf! Welcome to the site and good luck with the slab spoons!

Jettywolf said:
.....New member here....

.....THANKS for all the info. I'll be reading lurking and learning.....

Jettywolf

Thank goodness the forum is free......because all this spending to make these slab spoons, I could just as soon hire someone here to make them "raw" and send them to me.

Just like fishing, "those fillets end up costing $78.00 a piece!!!!"

hookup

Nice website & boat Wolf. If I ever get to Jacksonville, I'll give you a shout.

Jettywolf

Thank ya sir,

Yeah she's 26 foot and solid plate alloy 1/4" thick and is the only "real" commercial type inshore charter boat around here. The rest are pleasure boats or "look at me" boats.

Jettywolf in Jacksonville
captdaves.com

Back