powder water eyes

mjs

Just out of curiousity would powder water be good to do dot eyes?

Kdog

Awful thin. would take forever as you gotta let dry before cure. It does run when wet no matter how thin you apply it.

LedHed

Sponsor
The required dry time is a real pain + the other down sides mentioned by kdog. Not sure if embossing fluid has the same dry time....

I didn't get good results with a straw or eraser either...

mjs

Thanks for the replies. I was tempted to buy some to try. I use cheap craft paint from walmart, drill bits and etex topcoat, but the epoxy would be a nice step to ditch. I read many recommendations for Sally Hensen`s hard as nails, but are these jigs meant more for panfish? My experience with it over thread wraps wasn`t good(walleye-pike).

All powder would have been nice, but the straw or stencil route seems too arduous for me... With ballheads the 3d eyes are work to put on too.

LedHed

Sponsor
Lot of tyers flatten the sides of ballheads - makes it easier to attach the 3D eyes. You can use pliers, vise, or even file them.
Have to use epoxies (or equivalent) for big stuff. Biggest for me on the FP would be 1/16th.

mjs

As long as I`m going an extra step I guess 3d is the way to go. I know the answer is probably no, but can you thicken the powder water? I know dry time would still be a pain...

I know the eyes are just for me, but they do help my confidence.

Back