Powder Paint Curing?

Dan

How soon after coating jigheads do they need to be cured in the oven? Can I wait until I have a big bunch ready, say a week or so then do the curing? Thanks

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
Dan it wont hurt until you have as many as you want, just remember to keep them from being dropped or moving a lot as you don't want them to chip before you cure.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I hang mine on a wire until there are a couple dozen to cook all at once...... if i am just messing around with different paint ideas it could go 2-3 weeks or more before running them through the toaster oven.

Bucko

I paint a few hundred then cure them in shifts and sit with a12 pack as they cure. I tell the wife I have to watch them as they cure. Buys me some time to toss a few back. Lol

Kdog

A lot of time, while playing around I'll cast a handful. stick them on my oven rack and put the rack back into the oven. Once I fill the rack, I'll cure. I've never had a problem and storing them on the rack keeps them safe, clean and dry.

hookup

Jig Man has a point - when the paint still warm, two jigs will mate.

Typically cure them right away ... but have a small toaster oven that's only used for curing jigs. Wifey upgraded the toaster oven, so snagged the old one, cleaned it up, and dedicated it to curing powder painted jigs. Have four racks made with strapping tape that I hang the jigs off of.

Don't use the oven because don't want my food tasting like powder paint.

Back