POURING & MAKING 3.75 TUBE BAITS?

jig-guy

HI gang,
I am wanting to make tube baits in 3.75 or 4 inch. I have never made any tube baits but that is what I want to learn how to do it. I have been pouring plastic baits for 23 years but never a tube bait. I am wanting to pour 1 color with different glitters that I already have. Ron Don makes some neat stuff that I have seen on here.
I saw the post where they poured the plastic over a nail but I am not sure what they are doing to get two colors of plastic on the nail. 
Anyway any information would be appreciated.
jig-guy / Bill

jackie53

Have been pouring/ dipping tubes for several years not an expert.Have finally settled on dipping tubes, tube mold's and tail cutters from Lurecraft fishermen's shop.Have tried nails,ect/nothing really worked like we wanted. really like their lurecraft 500 plastic for pouring tubes a little pricey but worth itHave tried all the other brands but lurecraft is the best for tubes..Pouring tubes is kind of tricky.Really enjoy making and fishing bass and crappie tubes.Hope this helps not trying to sell just our two cents

jig-guy

Hi jackie53, thank you for responding and providing me the information in your reply :icon14: . I contacted LureCraft and am waiting for a catalog from them to purchase the items needed to pour the tubes. LureCraft is waiting for their catalogs to arrive for 2017, I am on the list for 1. As soon as I have their catalog I will purchase the items you listed.
My goal is to make the tubes real soft because most of the tubes sold today are hard and I do not like them. I will follow up after I have the tools and materials to produce my soft tubes.
Thank you again for responding and your hands on information.
Tight Lines,
jig-guy / Bill

snake River

jig-guy said:
Hi jackie53, thank you for responding and providing me the information in your reply :icon14: . I contacted LureCraft and am waiting for a catalog from them to purchase the items needed to pour the tubes. LureCraft is waiting for their catalogs to arrive for 2017, I am on the list for 1. As soon as I have their catalog I will purchase the items you listed.
My goal is to make the tubes real soft because most of the tubes sold today are hard and I do not like them. I will follow up after I have the tools and materials to produce my soft tubes.
Thank you again for responding and your hands on information.
Tight Lines,
jig-guy / Bill

I use £.16 nail and made a special rack to hang them on I cut the point in off a little bit to get a  second COLOR   stick the end of the mail in the plastic. make sure that you were using hard plastic  I use a commercial corridor to do the tale.

Attachments

• DSC_0228.JPG
    DSC_0228.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 29
Back