Population Control / 11-02-14

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Have gotten out 2 weekends in a row and done really good finding the bluegill in one of my local reservoirs. They seem to like the sun shining after the crappy weather passes. :icon14: Last weekend i brought home 26. Today i brought home 31! They have all been 7.5" and over with several over 8" and one that went 9.5". Nothing huge but sure puts a bend in my UL rod and more than enough for the cleaning table.

Both weekends got them about 4' deep under a float. Using a small hair jig, either pink or orange, tipped with a waxworm. Very few throw backs, big girls are sitting in close and very willing to bite. Also caught a big bass (one of my biggest of this year) as well as lost a HUGE FREAKIN' CRAPPIE at the shore. :mad: Fun days before the ice sets in and happily filling the freezer. Today, temp was mid 40's with plenty of wind. I hear many complaints by locals........ but am quite happy with my NW Ohio upground reservoirs.

100_7961_e.jpg

100_7965_e.jpg

100_7967_e.jpg

hookup

Kitty licking her chops and the look on the dog in the second pix - Too cute

Nice haul too.

JSC

I would have been watching those critters real close .. they have that look in their eye ... don't blink or I got it

:)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
The black cat has been watching me clean fish for many years and knows which cut scraps are hers. She waits very patiently till they are pushed to her corner of the board and then grabs them with one quick swipe.

The gray kitten is still learning, has no patience and tries to take it all, has to be reminded often. She has bit MY finger instead of the scraps pretty often. Usually give her a whole carcass and is happy for a while.

The dog loves fish, but just not too bright and very jealous of the cats. She thinks she needs every skin for some reason. Eats some and others just takes to roll on.

JSC said:
......they have that look in their eye ... don't blink or I got it.....

Back