PM Spam

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I recently received 4 separate, back to back, duplicate Private Messages from a member that was trying to sell materials........ we were watching the member to confirm if they were a 'spammer' or not and that convinced me they are. Closed the account and sorry if anyone else got the messages.

If anyone ever gets messages they consider flat-out advertising/spam through Private Messages, please let me know and i will deal with it. I do not watch over PM's so you have to let me know.

Thanks - Russ

PanfishHunter

same smalljaw, he had been spamming threads, and i told him just make a new thread, and he didnt listen. i guess he found out how to pm, cuz i got one too.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Guessing they maybe hit every member they could with a PM - sorry to all! I expect it in my regular email box but not on my forum PM box. I even got warning from one of my Mods after some spam posts but said to let it go and wait it out to see if they would post any 'conversation input' before i banned them from posting. I sure don't mind people selling what they make as long as they help out with helpful input and are an active member of the site.

Back