Plum Crappie

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Just to prove i've been working (I know you're looking ;) ) Turned out to be a pretty nice Plum color. I think this might be a good color to do in a smaller bait for Ice fishing... Any ice gurus out there to confirm this???

plum.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That purple does lok good. I have some of those tails in other colors and plan to rip the end section off a few to make some 'ice piks' to thead on to tiny heads. I know the tips of them wiggle alot so if the fish are active under the ice - they will work.

Len

Yes....that last one with a smaller body would for sure ice some fish....If you can take that tail and add it to a grub body to make the total length 1-3/4 to 2" it should be a killer ice bait. The long slender tails have great action through the ice.

quivira kid

You could be a lot of our heroes if you made a knockoff of a Little Atom "micro nuggie". They are an inch and a half or so, and look like a sperm. Thin wiggly tail, and a little ball you can thread on the jig. Put that on an ice jig, and aggressive fish will knock the crap out of it!

Back