Pink Eye flared up again

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Ive had some people on me for a while to make some more of these. (Might have even dodged a few phone calls over the past year :p ) It rained pretty much all day yesterday so it was a good time to get after 'em. It wasn't long and I realized why I had been putting off doing these suckers. I worked on these for 5 hours and didn't finish.

These have blue highlight that doesn't show up on a cloudy day. They also have blue glow powder in them.
pinkeye_zps75d4ccda.jpg

These are green chartreuse made with dye instead of colorant. Dyes give you brighter colors that are crystal clear. Bad thing is clear baits like this will show all the bubbles you have in the plastic. I worked a long time getting the bubbles out before shooting the molds. Dyes do bleed so that might be a negative for some people.
grchart_zpsc1d21cc0.jpg

Heres the sexy shad ive done before. I made the colors brighter on these. Really like these.
sexys_zps7380ac9a.jpg

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Heres how I made the the 3 color baits in the last picture. For the belly I just put a small drop in the cavity using a small nail. I was working with 7 molds so while the white is hot I do all 84 cavities.

BB9AC194-7C0E-4C4F-8AB0-45B3432C6C30_zps0ja4qwup.jpg

C85DF205-FB52-46BA-BA59-0BA49F1DCA0E_zpsj7curlme.jpg

Then comes the chartreuse. I normally just pour this section using the pyrex cup. BUT I was rusty and was pouring too sloppy. So I resorted to using a flathead screwdriver.

6E587DBD-8203-4A44-907E-BB4500E35BFD_zpskl5xwcce.jpg

Once all the chartreuse has been poured. Its time to just clamp the mold and shoot the blue. After letting the baits cure a bit its time to stick on all the eyes. I use clearosol from spike it for dipping the eyes to seal them. Its pretty crucial that you get all the small microbubbles out of the clear plastisol before dipping baits. They are magnified and really take away from all the other work put into the baits. When dipping baits its always a good idea to have a bowl of water that you can drop the baits in right after the dip. Just drop in the water and move on to the next one.

0328967B-446F-4F6C-AE1A-FC9996A8FEE9_zpsiimjncxc.jpg

Lost Pole

I know nada about the process but it sounds like crazy clock time....
However it is, your product is easily the best I've ever seen and bet the other plastic guys would agree.
Beautiful baits, bro.

JSC

Good Job .. multi color can really be a pain .. and when its that small is not the place for shakey hands :)

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Thanks guys. They are time consuming but who wants to be ordinary??? You can buy that at the store lol.

Hey JM when I told he better make these last a while... He said they would last.... He just wouldn't let you use any of em.

hookup

Time consuming's good. Especially when they catch fish.

Nice job.

Pup

Those are fantastic looking RD. They nearly look alive to me (I'm thinking of tetras and the like...tropical aquarium fish). :cool:

wtex

You made me a happy man just before a fishing trip. Thanks Again
I won't tell the secret colors. I'll leave that to you.

Back