PB Black Crappie

JUNGLEJIM1

I have been fishing this city park lake for the last two weeks catching crappie up to 14" using tiny 1/48 chub heads with #10 hooks tied with gadwall feathers under a 3/4" weighted float. The water is cold so have to fish them real slow. Cork goes under and hook something good that starts peeling drag from my reel. Only using 2 lb. test Maxima so lighten up drag and take my time and this big slab comes to the top and I lip her, easily my biggest Black crappie. Measured 17 3/4" and weighed 3-01 on my buddy's new scale. Then I released her and hopefully she makes babies this spring. Catching some bass, bluegill and redear too.IMG_2695.JPGIMG_2276.JPGIMG_2696.JPG

Hawnjigs

KISS
Dang, that crappie is bigger than the bass I catch here !

Warm winter? Our ponds have been capped for weeks.

Whats that gushing water pipe for ?

Is that real alpaca ?

JUNGLEJIM1

Hawn, I call it a water cannon and it's used to add water to the lake to keep the lake levels from getting to low. Good to hear from you Mike. She put up a great fight, probably took a couple minutes to get in. When I first saw that it was a crappie I freaked out a little but kept it together long enough to lip her even though she was stubborn and wouldn't open her mouth.

crappiemike

Hawn, I call it a water cannon and it's used to add water to the lake to keep the lake levels from getting to low. Good to hear from you Mike. She put up a great fight, probably took a couple minutes to get in. When I first saw that it was a crappie I freaked out a little but kept it together long enough to lip her even though she was stubborn and wouldn't open her mouth.
Any word from sonny?

JUNGLEJIM1

I usually talk with him every couple months or so. He had to sell his boat when the marina closed at Perris, only fished one time last year there but caught some good ones.

Back