Parachute Adams

duffy

Very nice!! I have a hard enough time with a #6 hook on a jig and can't imagine what a 20 would be like.

AllenOK

Would you believe I had more problems with the 12's and 14's than I did with the 20's? I think it's because I was still learning the pattern, and trying a few different ways of posting the fly, tying in the hackle, etc. Finally, about the time I hit the 16's, I got it figured out and went from there.

Fatman

Yep sure do!!! You spend so much time figuring the amount of hair to use on the post per size of hook that you kind of forget that the smaller you go the smaller the hackle you need for it!!!LOL If you're going to tie a lot of parachute flies get yourself or make one a gallows tool - it helps if you're not used to doing them.

AllenOK

I've got a hackle/hook gauge on the stem of my vise. I was checking hackle sizes for every fly.

Yeah, a gallows tool would be nice. I've thought about it, especially after seeing the latest series of Carnage flies over on FAOL.

toadfrog

I'd lose them lil thangs under a finger nail. To old for those things anymore , I can't hear, can't pee, can't see. Whats worse is when you go to get hold of the bathroom door knob and ya forget why you're there .
Nice work.

StumpHunter

Very nice set of Adams. I also use the gauge for hackle, makes it easier to pick the right hackle. You do some very good work Allen.

DrCrappie

I'm a little late to this party...but those are very nice looking parachutes! Try them in a size 32 ;)

DrCrappie

Not trying to hijack your thread by any means, I just wanted to show you the 32 parachute I tied...many years ago...
20130228_095353.jpg

Back