panic!!!!!!

hhawkins

I have an order of 5/8 oz, 1/2 oz and 1 oz. jig heads for a shop right across from Table Rock Lake in Missouri. I was at the end of heating and applying pp when my heat gun motor speeded up. GAWD, I hope I just let it run to long and it just needs a break. The gun is a dual speed - 572 degree low and 1112 degrees high. I bet it is not a good idea to try to finish my order with my gun stuck on high. ARGGGGGGGGG! Help! Any ideas?

toadfrog

Check the back of the heat gun where the intake vents are . See if it sucked up any fibers that have restricted the air flow. Take a shop vac and vaccume it out just to be on the safe side . If it still acts up the gun is probably going to crap out on you at some point . Just as well use it until it does.

hhawkins

The high setting is 1112 degrees. For doing 5/8 oz, 1/2 oz and 1 oz football heads how long should I keep the heads under the heat? And what about my small heads? I was only done with the 1 oz heads lastnight and a few 1/2 oz heads when the gun decided to crap out on me. I still have 12 more heads to do in 5/8 oz. Is this what I get for buying a $10 gun? Oh wait maybe you should answer that :beat-up:
:jig:

hhawkins

O.K. the panic attack is over for now. Before I left Branson today, I ran over to a store called Tool Town USA and picked up another heat gun. I'm happy again! Back to business. Thanks guys!

redman

Heather if that ever happens again and you really get stuck make your self a alcohol lamp.

Take a 4oz. pimientos jar drill a hole in the lid fit a 4 inch piece of COTTON rope thur the hole. Fill jar with 91% or denatured alcohol. wait till the rope gets wet with Alcohol light with a match. Regulate the flame with the amount of rope sicking out the hole. When done pour the Alcohol back in to the container it came in or use a small cap of some kind to cover rope. Other wise the Alcohol will evaporate.

A redneck alcohol lamp. I have been using one now for about 6 months never failed me yet.

Redman

redman

Word of caution I only fill up the jar about 1/4 of the way full. This will last a hour or better. Less chance of the inside or any thing else catching on fire that way. BTW I have use this lamp to paint all my powdered paint jig heads. I have done some where in the area of 700 jig heads and have used less than 6 oz of alcohol.

Redman

Back