Painting under-spin's

Pepop

I got some under-spin jigheads so now to paint them. What's the best way to keep the swivel & jig eye open?

plateboater

Swivel I have been using FatMans suggestion of wrapping in foil.....time consuming but works. After I dip in fluid bed with right hand in the left hand is a small piece of wire about 4" long and I push material through then clean tip and pull back out. Works great for me.

I am using Dollar General foil because a price and easy to push around the swivel. I tried the foil out of the kitchen and was to tough to squeeze around to make good seal.

smalljaw

Pepop said:
I got some under-spin jigheads so now to paint them. What's the best way to keep the swivel & jig eye open?

Ask Fatman, he makes the cleanest pony heads with a swivel I ever saw and I know he uses foil but ask him to show you exactly how he does it. The reason I say is like I said before, most I've seen had guys using foil but they still had a little paint but Fatmans are perfect, to tedious for me to do.

Fatman

Pepop

Heres how tightly I cover the swivels. You can just use the dollar store tin foil as it wraps tighter and it's cheaper. Just make real sure to take the tin foil off before curing.
100_4298.jpg

cadman

That's the way I do it as well, slow but it works. This process also works when you pour bass jigs with hitch hikers.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 99

cadman

Thanks for the compliments guys. I will have some more pics of some real cool looking jigs in about a week . So I'll post some pics.

Egbertdd

I just powder coat w heat gun, then spin in your fingers to clear paint... Once they all spin bake them but watch to prevent dripping.. Cool them and spin them again.. I have really good success, but i fish snaggy areas so jigs will be lost, this speeds up process, they are fully functional but may not be perfectly silver

Back