Painting Eyes On Jigheads

ScottV

There's got to be a better way. I've been painting my eyes, after curing the powder paint, by using my wife's enamel craft paint and dotting the eye with the blunt end of a small paintbrush. Then I come back and dot the black with a toothpick. I cover the eyes with "Hard As Nails" after they dry. They seem to turn out ok but I would love to hear some better ways. Thanks, Scott

IMG_4868.jpg

JUNGLEJIM1

Try nailheads nailed into 1/4 inch dowel rods or drill bits of different sizes to paint eyes. I use vinyl jig paint for eyes,from custom coatings.

ScottV

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Try nailheads nailed into 1/4 inch dowel rods or drill bits of different sizes to paint eyes. I use vinyl jig paint for eyes,from custom coatings.
Thanks JUNGLEJIM1, I'll give it a try.

Jiggin Joe

basically that is the way i do it but i cut one toothpick in half for the larger dot and just take of the tip for the pupil. Yeah its a pain in the arse but it works and is best way I found

LedHed

Sponsor
SV
I have gone to the 3D or decal eyes now. Have tried nails, sticks, brushes, etc. and think the decal/3D eyes are easier and faster. Most of the molds that I have, for ultra lite jigs, are modified for eye placement.

cadman

I agree with LedHed 2d or 3d stick on eyes. I am horrible at painting eyes, and the only way I can get professional looking eyes is buy buying them and sticking them on.

Back