paint suggestions

Lost Pole

FINALLY about to order some paint so that I can make some jigs I want. Looked at TJ's and Crazy's place. Big price differences. Are Crazy's jars 2 oz.?
I may pick up a couple extra colors for experimentation, but I really only use 4 or 5 diff. color heads fishing and since I'm just tying for me to fish with, I'd like to get my colors right. Orange, Pink, Green Chartreuse, Yellow Chartreuse and Blue. First 3 HAVE to be bright, the blue more dark, preferably with some sparkle to it.
Was going to go with the blaze orange, yellow chartreuse and green lantern, but wanted to get some opinions?
Also, a good friend and the guy who gave me lessons, liked some red in all of his jigs, so I was gonna go with the ruby slipper to compliment some red flash. Suggestions?
Do I need clear?

Thanx for any help

Adam

hunter7711

I told you wrong in my reponse. The color I use is Fire Red. It is a must color for you. Replace the Blaze Orange with that color. I'm not a big fan of Green Lantern. Get Saphire Blue. Also get a jar of Chartruese Sparkle to add to some of your paint, or to just sprinke on. I don't think you need a clear. Ruby Slipper is nice, but with the Fire Red you can do anything.

jjsjigs

Banned
Just to help you guys out with paint. All the Gander Mt. stores are clearing out boatloads of product. I found that the deals going on with paint are 2 oz. jars of Pro-Tec for $4.95 each WITH 25% off of that price. You can't get it any cheaper!!!

My local Gander had at least 2 cans of almost every color Pro-Tec makes. I'm set for 2 or 3 years now.

Back